These silver-skinned, salt water Aegean fish weigh from 3/4 lb to 1 1/4 lbs and come to Olde Hudson overnight from the Aegean. Their delicate, fresh flavor marries well with the piquante chopped salad below… adding complexity to the fish with a fruit and veggie marriage.
For the fish:
- 2 scaled and cleaned Bronzini
- Salt and Pepper (I used Red Hawaiian Sea Salt and a blend of black and red peppercorns)
- 2 sprigs each of fresh sage and rosemary
- olive oil for drizzling
Heat your grill to medium high. Rinse fish and pat dry then season the cavity with salt and pepper and add the sage and rosemary sprigs. Season the skin with salt and pepper and drizzle with good olive oil. Grill quickly on medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side.
For the Piquante Chopped Salad:
- 1 medium red tomato; 1/2 medium red onion; 1/3 English Cucumber
- 1 small yellow pepper; 1/2 avocado; 1/2 mango
- 3-4 sprigs chopped cilantro
- a squeeze of lime (to taste)
- La Castellina Olive Oil, Unio Muscatel Vinegar and salt and pepper
Finely mince the tomato, red onion, English cucumber and yellow pepper and place in a bowl. Cube the avocado and mango, chop the cilantro and add to the salad mixture. Dress with a squeeze of lime, La Castellina Olive Oil and Unio Muscatel Vinegar.
These ingredients can be found at Olde Hudson
Check at oldehudson.com for online availability.